Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Organic Baby Food

I made Dean's baby food using the baby bullet about a week ago, but I haven't had the time to make a fresh batch since. I need to find a way to get the consistency right because I feel like it comes out too thick. I'm thinking of taking an afternoon or weekend day to experiment with fruit/veggie combinations until I get it right. In the meantime, I have been buying him different baby food products to try. I have found some really good brands of organic baby food that don't have preservatives, parabens, artificial colors, pesticides...etc that he seems to really like. I'm very surprised (and excited) about the growing number of these products becoming available in stores.

Since Dean just started solids last month I have bought a few different brands. His pediatrician suggested he stick to one kind of fruit/veggie for a few days to make sure he doesn't have any kind of reaction/allergy and so I have given him a different brand each week. I am looking around to see if there is one he likes better than the rest. The products he's tried so far include Earth's Best, Baby Gourmet, Happy Baby and Ella's Kitchen and Plum Organics.



He seems to be a fan of them all but seems to finish the sweet potatoes from Earth's Best and the mango puree from Happy Baby the most. Aside from being organic and tasting yummy, what I love about most of these is the cap that you can twist off. You can attach a food dispensing spoon (they sell these wherever these pouches are sold) that you can twist on and off for feeding time. Also, if Dean doesn't finish his food in one sitting, I can always put the rest in the fridge and save it for later. I love that these products are natural, have no added sugars and taste great (I know this because, yes, I have tried them). The packaging is BPA free and very convenient for traveling; I can just throw it in his diaper bag and go- love that!


Food Dispensing Spoon from Boon.

And, last but definitely not least, Earth's Best. Their food is USDA Organic and also taste great. I feel like these are more readily available in grocery stores in comparison to the others. I found them at Fresh & Easy when I made a quick run for groceries about a month ago. I love that I know exactly what ingredients are put into all of these products and know that he is getting exactly what is listed on that front label.

No comments:

Post a Comment