Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Beauty Product Review: BB Cream

I have heard so much about this stuff but I hadn't gotten around to trying it.... until now. I have to admit, it kinda blew me away how powerful this stuff is. It is very concentrated but applies smoothly and evenly. I did my research (as usual) before committing to buy and I ended up purchasing one imported from Korea called Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. I learned today, from my friend, that it happens to be the same one she uses and she says it is the best one she has tried. So *yay* - points for me for choosing a good product right off the bat! 

So, on to how the product works.... I applied some in the a.m. right after washing my face. My makeup routine usually consists of applying some kind of a base primer first and then everything else. I don't usually use foundation- however, I do use some concealer around my nose and under my eyes- but I blend in enough that I don't feel the need to use foundation. When I applied the bb cream I was a little surprised about how concentrated it was as I was smoothing it over my face. That stuff appears really light when it goes on.... I was having second thoughts since I did not want to go running around looking like I applied foundation that was 2 or 3 shades lighter. I wore it anyway just to test it out.... I applied blush, defined my brows and did my eye makeup then went off to work. So as I was telling my friend about the product I was testing out (and she mentioned she uses the same one) she said that it might appear light on my skin at first, but after about 30 minutes it is absorbed and it doesn't look as bright. And she was right, I looked in a mirror and my face just looked matte.... and clear. 

No unsightly discoloration or redness showing. I took a photo of what my face looked like and surprisingly- no need for a filter, haha. No but seriously, I look like I applied primer, foundation and micro-powder... my face never looks this 'done up' so early in the morning on a work day. And all it took was one cream. The most amazing thing about bb creams is that it is also doubles as sunscreen. In fact, check this out:

Benefits:

  • Looks more natural than foundation + powder
  • Provides amazing coverage but doesn't feel heavy
  • It offers UV protection (I oftentimes forget to apply sunscreen)
  • It is also an anti-wrinkle cream (say what?! SOLD!)

I can't think of any cons at the moment but if I come across anything I will be sure to update this post asap.

I have had it on for about 4 1/2 hours now and my face looks clear and not shiny. You can't see the dark circles under my eyes and I look alert at 7:00 a.m.

So yeah, it works and I am hooked. 

-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment